The National Newspaper for Finnish-Americans Since 1932 - Amerikan Uutiset
Finnish representation in the United States:
- Embassy, Washington DC
- Consulate General, New York
- Consulate General, Los Angeles
- Honorary Consulates
Promoting Finnish-American culture:
Promoting Finnish-American culture in Finland:
For a total of 18 years, Finnish born trombonist Katja Toivola has been involved with the jazz music in New Orleans. In a recent visit to the Crescent City, my wife Grace and I were happy to meet Toivola at her regular Friday night performance of The Preservation Hall Jazz Masters Series featuring Leroy Jones.
Apparently not known in the Finnish-American community, Toivola is well known in Finland. So much so, that she has a loyal following of fans and YLE-TV and the Finnish press have written extensively about her accomplishments. Here in the United States, she has appeared on the HBO production Treme - a drama series that takes its name from the Tremé neighborhood of New Orleans and focuses on its residents and how they coped and adjusted to life after the levee failures and floods brought on by Hurricane Katrina devastated the region. The show documented the life of musicians such as Toivola and her husband and life partner Leroy Jones with whom she has been together since 1997. Toivola and Jones are homeowners in the Tremé neighborhood since 2003.
As we celebrate Finlands 95th Independence Day, we take great pride in the stability and wellbeing of our native land.
Our prosperity depends on developments in our neighbouring areas, but also further afield. As a member of the international community, Finland contributes to global security and wellbeing. In recent years, our cooperation with the other Nordic countries has become closer than ever.
In a world of constant change, our job is to ensure that Finland maintains its stability and wellbeing in the future as well. This means that we must be able to renew ourselves in order to adjust to an ever-changing world, while holding on to our strengths and traditional values.
The Finnish American Chamber of Commerce New York hosted a reception to welcome Ambassador Consul General Jukka Pietikäinen on Thursday October 25, 2012 at the Rooftop Solarium 250 East 87th Street with its beautiful view of New York.
Finns in South Florida
FFFC:n kokous ja taidenäyttely Suomi Talolla
Myyjäiset ja lettuaamiainen Suomi Talolla
Finnish-American Rest Home Inc:in jäsenistön vuosikokous
Halloween naamiaistanssit Suomi Talolla
Amerikan Uutiset ImageGallery
- Floridan Laulumiesten Naisjaoston Fantasia muotinäytös ja varietee
- XX Matin Pöytätennis-turnaus
- Finlandia Days 2012 - Tori (Sunday)
- Floridan Laulumiesten Gaala-ilta 2012
- FinnGolf 2012, Lake Worth Golf Club
- Normibileet Kerhotalolla
- Floridan Karjalaisten Jäsenpiknik 2012, Bryant Park, Lake Worth
- Suomi-päivien Päättäjäistanssit
- Finlandia Days 2012 - Tori (Saturday)
- SuomiGolf 2012
- FinlandiaDays 2012
- Suomi-päivät 2012-avajaistanssit
- Taste of Finland 2012
- "It Takes Three to Tango"-konsertti
- Suomi-päivien Kalastuskilpailu 2012
- Rosvopaistijuhla 2012
Amerikan Uutiset MarketPlace
Are you buying or selling? Amerikan Uutiset MarketPlace is always open for you - for free!
Amerikan Uutiset BookStore
Airport Departures and Arrivals
- Helsinki-Vantaa arrivals
- Helsinki-Vantaa departures
- Miami International Flight Information
- West Palm Beach arrivals
- West Palm Beach departures
- Fort Lauderdalen arrivals
- Fort Lauderdale departures
- New York (JFK) Flight Status
- London (Heathrow) Flight Information
- Paris (Charles de Gaulle) Flight Information
- Amsterdam (Schiphol) Flight Information
- Frankfurt arrivals
- Frankfurt departures